Javier Ordoñez-Namihira is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Miami office. He joined the Firm’s Mexico City office in 2004, where he practiced as an associate in the Tax group. He is the author of various articles published in Tax Notes International and Practical Mexican Tax Strategies magazine from Thomson Reuters, as well as a frequent speaker at national and international seminars such as Baker McKenzie’s 17th Annual Tax & Trust Training Program in Miami and the Bermuda Captive Conference, both held in 2015.
Javier focuses on the legal aspects of international tax planning from a corporate Income Tax and VAT perspective. He is proficient in legal interpretation and application of tax treaties, analysis, design and implementation of corporate restructurings, and in the formation of investment funds in a tax efficient manner. He regularly advises high-net worth individuals on a wide range of international tax planning matters from a wealth management perspective.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. Taxation) (2011)
- Georgetown University Law Center (CLE International Aspects of Taxation Seminar) (2010)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Post Graduate Diploma Tax) (2009)
- Universidad Iberoamericana, A.C. (J.D.) (2007)
Admissions : Mexico (2007)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised one of the US’ largest providers of secured non-recourse loans in the purchase of a Mexican group of companies engaged in the pawnshop industry.
- Developed and implemented a tax efficient strategy for a foreign company in the entertainment industry aimed at obtaining preferential tax treatment on income from public shows in Mexico.
- Advised a client in the flavor & fragrance industry as to the feasibility of reorganizing its business operations and achieve streamlined tax results.
Rate : $$$