Jawid Habib represents and advises employers in a broad range of labor and employment matters. Before joining Littler, Jawid defended employers against claims brought under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and its extensions, including the Defense Base Act (DBA).
He began his career in the courts, where he served as a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Larry A. Burns of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California and Administrative Judge Louis Garcia at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
In law school, Jawid served as editor-in-chief of the UCLA Journal of Islamic & Near Eastern Law. During the fall of his third year, he was among a dozen law students chosen to serve as full-time judicial externs across the nation.
Jawid served the Hon. David O. Carter of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. After his first year at UCLA, Jawid traveled to Afghanistan and worked with the country’s first female chief prosecutor, Maria Bashir, testing the cohesion of various presidential decrees under international law.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 2014
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Board of Directors, The Preuss School, University of California, San Diego
- Associate, Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court, 2015-2017
Rate : $$$