Jay Bender represents debtors, banks, secured creditors, indenture trustees, and purchasers of distressed assets in complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 9 bankruptcy cases, in state and federal court receivership proceedings, and in out-of-court workouts, reorganizations, restructurings, and liquidations.
He served as chair of Bradley’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Distressed Investing Practice Group from 2008 through 2017. Jay is a Fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy, and is recognized in Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America® for his bankruptcy and restructuring practice.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1993, with honors
- Duke University, B.A., 1986, magna cum laude
Professional & Community Activities :
- Adjunct Professor, Cumberland School of Law
- Board of Directors, Studio by the Tracks, 2018
- Board of Directors, Volunteer Lawyers Birmingham, 2018
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Rate : $$$$