Jay E. Bothwick is a seasoned corporate lawyer with more than three decades of experience representing clients on complex transactions. He is consistently recognized as a leader in the corporate and M&A field for successfully handling complex mid-market and large-cap deals.
As co-chair of WilmerHale’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice, he focuses on the representation of public and private companies, both domestically and overseas, in mergers and acquisitions, tender and exchange offers, and shareholder activism, including proxy contests.
Mr. Bothwick is a member of the American, Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations. He is a member of the Negotiated Acquisitions Committee of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association, and serves on several task forces of this Committee.
- Airvana in its acquisition by an investor group led by S.A.C. Capital for $530 million
- The Special Committee of the Blockbuster Board of Directors with respect to its $905 million special distribution and split-off from Viacom
- Cumberland Farms in its sale of its Gulf Oil and Assured Deal business to affiliates of ArcLight Capital Partners
- The Special Committee of Hilton Worldwide Holdings in an acquisition of approximately 25% equity interest in Hilton by HNA Group from affiliates of Blackstone for $6.5 billion (pending)
- PC Connection in its acquisitions of GlobalServe and Softmart
- Skyworks in its acquisition of PMC-Sierra for $2 billion (terminated)
- Starent Networks in its acquisition by Cisco for $2.9 billion
- Wider Than in its acquisition by RealNetworks for $350 million
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1981
- AB, Bowdoin College, 1978
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$