Jay Drew focuses his practice on representing clients injured by the negligence of others. Jay has successfully handled numerous injury claims as the result of automobile, motorcycle, trucking accidents, slip and falls and dog bite cases, including claims involving catastrophic injury and death.
After practicing as a trial attorney with both private firms and State Farm staff counsel for 10 years in Atlanta, Jay relocated to Bloomington, Illinois with State Farm where he was selected to be one of six Regional Managers of their Staff Counsel Program.
Jay returned to Atlanta in 2003 to apply his skills and experience as an insurance defense attorney by handling personal injury cases for injured people. Jay joined CNA Insurance in 2004 as Managing Trial Attorney to establish the company’s Atlanta staff counsel office.
In 2006, Jay formed Lipman & Drew, and handled all of the firm’s litigation cases. In 2016, Jay joined Van Sant Law, a law firm specializing in recoveries for victims involved in personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Jay has many years of legal and trial experience, and is keenly aware of tactics employed by insurance companies and their counsel to pressure the injured person to accept a smaller settlement or simply walk away from their case. Jay has tried over 140 personal injury cases to verdict before Georgia juries as both a plaintiff’s and defendant’s attorney.
- Mercer University – Juris Doctor, 1988
- Georgia State University – Bachelor of Arts, 1985
- State Bar of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for Eleventh Circuit
- Georgia Superior and State Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Mentor, State Bar of Georgia Transition into Law Practice Program
Rate : $$$