Jay Utley heads the Firm’s Intellectual Property & Technology practice in Dallas and is experienced in all aspects of intellectual property, complex-commercial, and class-action litigation and case management, with significant experience as lead counsel managing litigation teams in competitor and multi-defendant litigation.
Many of the patents litigated by Jay cover digital and computer-related technologies, such as telecommunications, semiconductors, displays, digital imaging, optics, financial systems, and networking.
Jay also has significant experience in matters involving antitrust, trade secrets, unfair trade practices, racketeering, conspiracy, fraud, and bad faith, as well as proceedings in which the substantive legal issues have been eclipsed by the procedural complexities of multiple parties with multiple cases in multiple US and non-US jurisdictions and venues.
Jay focuses on intellectual property and antitrust, with an emphasis in the areas of patent litigation and appellate litigation.
- University of Tulsa College of Law (JD Highest Honors) (1996)
- Oklahoma Christian College (BA magna cum laude) (1987)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit~United States (2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2007)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (2017)
- Presented more than 50 keynote lectures annually to business, church, civic, and educational organizations and universities on such topics as ethics, conflict resolution, community service, effective interpersonal and workgroup communication, and organizational leadership at local, national, and international seminars and conventions with audiences ranging in number from 100 to over 10,000.
- Former Member, Board of Elders and Teaching Staff, Irving Bible Church, Irving, Texas
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Dallas CASA, Inc. (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association – Antitrust & Trade Regulation, Appellate, Business Litigation, and Intellectual Property Law Sections
- American Bar Association – Antitrust Law, Business Law, Intellectual Property Law, and Litigation Sections
- The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court – Barrister
Rate : $$$