J. Jay Herron, Head of O’Melveny’s Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice, draws on his more than 30 years of in-depth experience in corporate governance, securities law, and mergers and acquisitions to provide legal advice to public and private companies.
He assists clients in preparing to go public, raising capital through private and public offerings, and acquiring and selling businesses.
Jay serves or has served as counsel for a wide range of public companies, including Align-rite International (photomask manufacturer acquired by Photronics, Inc.), DigitalGlobe, Inc. (high resolution satellite images), Pacific Mercantile Bank (community bank), Sportsman’s Warehouse’s Holdings, Inc. (retail sporting goods), Western Digital Corporation (a leading developer and manufacturer of storage solutions), Wynn’s International, Inc. (automotive products manufacturer acquired by Parker Hannifin) and Yahoo Inc. (a global internet brand).
Jay has handled major cross border technology acquisition transactions, including representing Western Digital Corporation in its acquisitions of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies as well as the manufacturing operations of Hoya located in Singapore, and Bourns Inc. in its acquisition of Komatsulite Mfg. Co., a leader in the field of safety devices for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
He represented Sportsman’s Warehouse in its 2014 initial public offering and in acquisitions and financing transactions preceding its IPO. Jay also has significant experience representing private equity finance firms, including advising Seidler Equity Partners, American Capital and Westar Capital in investment and disposition transactions.
- $3.6 billion acquisition of DigitalGlobe by MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates
- $4.8 billion acquisition of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies by Western Digital Corp.
- Phenomenex in its acquisition by Danaher
- $1.3 billion acquisition of Anchor Gaming by International Game Technology
- $1.0 billion acquisition of Komag by Western Digital Corp.
- $460 million acquisition of Hudson Respiratory by Teleflex, Inc.
- $350 million dollar sale of Wynn’s International, Inc. (automotive parts manufacturer) to Parker Hannifin
- Combination of Align-Rite International and Photronics, Inc.(photo mask manufacturers)
- Water Pik in its acquisition by The Carlyle Group
- Acquisitions and dispositions of investments in numerous privately held businesses by Seidler Equity Partners, American Capital, and Westar Capital
- Stanford University, J.D., 1980: Order of Coif
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S., 1977: Phi Beta Kappa, Beta Alpha Psi
- California Bar Association
Rate : $$$