Before joining Baker Donelson, Ms. Jean Dober served as Senior Associate General Counsel in the commercial litigation group for a prominent national transportation company. In this role she served as a leading corporation counsel in implementing large scale litigation and bankruptcy action plans on behalf of her client against public/governmental agencies as well as private business entities, for issues and claims arising out of commercial transactions.
In addition to providing oversight of bankruptcy and general litigation matters, Ms. Dober has strategically developed, managed and implemented resolutions for a wide range of financial transactions and claims associated with liens and taxes; finance and accounting; bond claims; subcontractor lien claims; federal, state and commercial partnerships; technology; and complex commercial disputes.
Ms. Dober also has experience in supporting financial and contract audits conducted by the Office of the Inspector General. Ms. Dober’s notable accomplishments include managing claims and actions based in complex commercial agreements, government contracts, federal law, U.S. constitution, U.S. Bankruptcy Code, Railroad Passenger Services Act, condemnation and federal preemption.
She has handled matters in the United States District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts in multiple jurisdictions, and participated in commercial arbitrations, railroad arbitrations, and administrative agency actions at the Surface Transportation Board.
- Hofstra School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Yale College, B.A., 1995
- Successful opposition to termination of liability insurance defense and indemnity coverage and successful assumption/assignment of executory contracts with modifications as part of federal bankruptcy court in Delaware approved as part of sales in Chapter 11 cases of one of nation’s then-largest charter and tour bus operators.
- Successfully litigated, negotiated, and implemented Chapter 11 plan of orderly liquidation of trucking company in federal bankruptcy court in Nevada to resolve in excess of $60 million of personal injury and wrongful death claims, as well as provided distributions to creditors from sales of heavy equipment, vehicles, real estate interests, accounts receivables and insurance, together with litigation (D&O, insurance coverage and asset transfer avoidance causes of action) recoveries.
- Coordinated and executed volume litigation claims and cases in recovery of multimillions in corporate accounts receivables against government entities and private businesses.
- Successful disposition of a counterclaim action in federal court against a state transportation agency for delinquent payments in a high-profile Constitutional case challenging validity of an enacted federal law governing allocation of rail infrastructure costs.
Rate : $$$