Jean H. Shin’s varied past careers play a crucial role in her developing practice. With prior experience working at national and cable news networks, as well as the nonprofit film industry, she has a deep understanding of the legal challenges faced in those fields, including matters related to licensing, copywriting and employment law. Jean’s background and conscientious approach make her a committed client advocate.
- Conducted legal research and wrote memorandum of law in support for a motion for an ex parte temporary restraining order and seizure order against counterfeiters.
- Provided due diligence for a German manufacturer’s potential acquisition of a U.S. company.
- Advised a nonprofit organization on executive employment contracts and New York Not-for-Profit Corporation Law compliance.
- Assisted in preparing online services platform client for a Federal Trade Commission investigation.
Memberships : Asian American Bar Association of New York
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2017, cum laude; Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal, Staff
- B.A., Williams College, 2006
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$