Jean P. Sumers is Associate Attorney of The Springer Law Firm. Practicing law since 1999, Jean received her law degree from the University of Houston Law Center, where she received the Maurice Howard Treiman Award for writing excellence.
Over the course of her career, Jean has represented and zealously advocated for her clients in the areas of family law, estate planning, probate, elder law, bankruptcy and health law.
Her practice currently focuses on family law and collaborative divorce. Jean is an active member of the Fort Bend County Bar, Katy Bar and Houston Bar Associations and is a trained mediator. Jean holds a Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Psychology and was a member of Psi Chi, the National Honor Society for Psychology.
Prior to law school, Jean worked in the juvenile mental health services sector and coordinated with local school districts and CPS to provide services for children with mental health needs.
Jean lives in and has called Katy home for over 19 years. Her two oldest children attend college and her youngest son is a high school student in the Katy Independent School District. When she is not working to further her clients’ interests and goals, Jean enjoys spending time with her family and dogs.
- Texas, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2003
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas,Doctor of Jurisprudence – December, 1998
- University of Houston, Victoria, TX, USA, M.A. – 1994
- University of Houston, Victoria, TX, USA, B.S. – 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Houston Bar Association, Life Fellow
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Katy Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- The Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, 2004
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Fort Bend County Family Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Professionalism Committee, Unauthorized Practice of Law Commission
Rate : $$$