Jean Yin Crews is an associate in Venable’s Real Estate Practice Group. Her practice includes commercial real estate finance, acquisition, disposition, development, and leasing. Jean assists clients by drafting and reviewing contracts of all types, including leasing and loan documents.
She has experience in GSA leases and is particularly experienced in shepherding deals, irrespective of complexity, from start to finish. Her attention to detail, practicality, judgment, and thorough understanding of the real estate industry are invaluable assets to her clients.
Jean has represented commercial developers, institutional lenders, individuals, landlords, tenants, and owners and operators of real property in a wide variety of transactions spanning office, retail, multi-family, industrial, and mixed-use properties.
During law school, Jean worked as a teaching assistant for a real estate law class at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Prior to law school, Jean worked as an investment banking analyst in mergers and acquisitions.
- Representation of Marriott International as tenant in the development and leasing of a new headquarters site in downtown Bethesda, MD, to include an office building and flagship hotel. Key member of team leading negotiations and drafting deal documents in all aspects of the transaction, including construction, development, and leasing.
- Representation of Fannie Mae as tenant in the development and leasing of a new office location in Plano, TX consolidating three Dallas-area offices into a roughly 330,000 square foot property developed to meet Fannie Mae’s specifications. This transaction was named “Best Office Lease” of 2015 by D Magazine, a Dallas news and lifestyle magazine.
- Representation of an individual with significant holdings in ground-leased properties across Maryland and Virginia, handling purchases (in some cases utilizing like-kind exchanges), sales, financings, and tenant matters.
- Representation of an investment management group in connection with the purchase and financing of a retail shopping plaza in Fairfax County, VA involving a land condominium regime.
- Representation of a private investment group in connection with the purchase of an office building in Washington, DC, secured by senior and mezzanine financing.
- J.D. University of Pennsylvania Law School 2012
- A.B.E conomicsPrinceton University 2007
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Virginia
Rate : $$$