Jeanne L. Newlon is a member of the Tax and Wealth Planning Group who counsels clients on estate planning, business succession planning, and charitable giving. Jeanne works with clients to ensure that their assets are transferred according to their objectives, while employing tax-planning techniques that minimize estate and gift tax liability.
She also is experienced in the administration of decedents’ estates, and handling the settlement of estate audits with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Jeanne advises clients in complex estate plans, focusing on estate, gift, and generation-skipping tax planning.
She drafts revocable trusts, wills, gift trusts, insurance trusts, charitable trusts (such as lead trusts and remainder trusts), grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), intrafamily loan and family limited partnership agreements, limited liability agreements, and related business documents.
- LL.M. Taxation with honors Georgetown University 1999
- J.D. high honors George Washington University Law School 1996
- B.S. / B.A. Finance University of Florida 1992
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia
Professional Memberships :
- Fellow and State Chair, District of Columbia, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Member, ACTEC’s Fiduciary Income Tax Committee; Co-Chair, Committee’s Back to Basics Subcommittee
- Communications Committee; former Co-Editor, Council newsletter
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Taxation; former Chair and Vice-Chair, Fiduciary Income Tax Committee; former Subcommittee Chair for Important Developments, for which she prepared the current developments in fiduciary income tax report for the Tax Section meetings from May 2004 to May 2007; also prepared the Tax Lawyer’s annual Important Developments Report
- Member, District of Columbia Bar (DC Bar) Estate Planning and Probate, and Trust and Estate committees.
- Involved in the Chi Omega Alumni Group (DC and Northern Virginia)
- Member of the advisory board for the Eta Lambda Chapter of the Chi Omega Fraternity at American University, where she serves as a financial advisor
Rate : $$$