Jeannine McSweeny is a Partner in the Firm’s Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Practice. Jeannine advises clients on executive compensation and employee benefit arrangements, including equity-based incentives, cash-based incentives, deferred compensation, retirement plans and employment, retention and severance agreements, with particular emphasis on issues arising in mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and joint ventures.
Jeannine works closely with the Firm’s corporate clients on compensation and benefits matters related to mergers and acquisitions and a variety of capital markets and securities transactions. She has experience representing clients in a wide range of industries including financial services, real estate, energy, industrials and manufacturing, technology and healthcare.
Jeannine’s recent transactions have included the representation of:
- People’s United Financial in its acquisitions of Vend Lease Company and First Connecticut Bancorp
- EQT in its acquisitions of Clinical Innovations and Press Ganey Holdings
- Warburg Pincus in financings for Helix, Silk Road Medical and Outset Medical
- Hellman & Friedman in its definitive agreements to recapitalize Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, and in its acquisitions of MultiPlan, ABRA, and Applied Systems
- Big Heart Pet Brands in its sale to The J.M. Smucker Company
- La Quinta Holdings in various transactions, including the spin-off of its real estate business into a new independent publicly traded company called CorePoint Lodging Inc. and the sale of La Quinta’s remaining hotel and franchise business, its IPO, various equity incentive arrangements and spin-off of its real estate assets and subsequent sale to Wyndham Worldwide Corporation
- Performance Food Group Company in its IPO and various equity incentive arrangements
- Blackstone in its C$3.8 billion acquisition of Pure Industrial Real Estate Trus
Jeannine received her LL.M. from New York University School of Law in 2008, her M.B.A., magna cum laude, from Syracuse University Whitman School of Management and her J.D., magna cum laude, from Syracuse University College of Law, both in 2006, and her B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of Rochester in 2003. Jeannine is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey.
- New York University School of Law, 2008 LL.M.
- Syracuse University Whitman School of Management, 2006 M.B.A
- magna cum laude, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Syracuse University College of Law, 2006 J.D.
- magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Justinian Honor Society
- University of Rochester, 2003 B.A.
- magna cum laude, Bausch & Lomb Scholarship Recipient, Order of Omega Honor Society, Golden Key Honour Society
- New York State Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York 2007
- New Jersey 2007
Rate : $$$