Jed Sonnenshein is a skilled and experienced transactional attorney who works primarily with national real estate companies expanding into the Colorado market. Drawing on his experience as in-house counsel for two investment and development companies.
Jed is adept at handling all aspects of complex real estate deals, from negotiating and preparing transactional documents to identifying risk and recommending mitigation strategies during the due diligence and title review process.
Recent Work :
- Homebuilder’s Acquisition of Nearly 1,000 Single-Family Lots Throughout Colorado
- Purchase of substantially all of the Colorado assets of a Utah-based company exiting the Colorado market
- Preparation of transactional documents for 15 different subdivisions
- Regularly resolving ongoing development issues, including development directly adjacent to active oil and gas operations
- Determining and documenting rights to special district improvement reimbursements
- Development and Leasing of 3 Ground-Up Industrial Projects
- Negotiating and drafting acquisition agreements
- Resolving title restrictions prohibiting developer’s intended use for projects
- Preparing industrial leases with turnkey buildouts and tenant improvement allowances
- Acquisition of 60 Acres of Land for Marijuana Cultivation Business
- Exercising rights awarded in Adams County Marijuana Lot Drawing to apply for one of only 10 building permits for a state-licensed retail marijuana cultivation facility
- Advising on complex financing, including non-refundable option payment prior to completing due diligence and leasing property prior to purchase to satisfy state Marijuana Enforcement Division licensing requirement
- Commercial Leases for Popular Camping Retailer
- Negotiating and preparing several leases for all of the company’s North American retail outlet locations
- Preparation of conventional lease terms, such as detailing operating expense exclusion
- Special provisions allowing for outdoor sales events utilizing shopping center common area
One of Jed’s earliest matters involved successfully representing a movie director in a dispute over a director’s credit and mention in the marketing of an Oscar-winning motion picture.
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (J.D.)
- Cornell University (B.A.)
- California Bar Real Property and Business Sections
- Colorado Bar Association Real Property and Business Sections
- Silver Lake Chamber of Commerce, Secretary
- Design and Urban Land Use Preservation Advisory Committee, Silver Lake Neighborhood Counsel
BAR ADMISSIONS : Colorado, California.
Rate : $$$