Jed Beardsley is a shareholder and head of the Real Estate and Finance team in Georgia for the national law firm of Baker Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz PC. Mr. Beardsley holds J.D. and M.B.A. degrees from Emory University, and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Virginia where he was an Echols Scholar and majored in both Economics and Psychology. Jed was admitted to practice law in Georgia in 1980 and obtained his license as a certified public accountant* in 1982.
Jed Beardsley has extensive experience in the national and local acquisition, sale, 1031 exchange, development, financing, construction and leasing of commercial real estate, including shopping centers, hotels, mixed use projects, office, warehouse and industrial properties, manufacturing plants, apartments and land investments.
He plans and structures complicated like-kind exchange transactions, joint venture partnerships, operating agreements for limited liability companies, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Mr. Beardsley also handles tax and estate planning, office and retail leasing, EB-5 immigrant investor financing, equity and debt capital for growth companies, and executive employment agreements.
Mr. Beardsley served for six years on the executive board of the Real Estate Section of the State Bar of Georgia. In August, 2012, Governor Nathan Deal appointed him to serve as commissioner on his five-member Governor’s Commission to help organize the City of Brookhaven. Since 2013, Jed has served on the Brookhaven Zoning Board of Appeals.
For the last several years he has been active on the board of the Historic Brookhaven Neighborhood Association, Inc. and the Historic Brookhaven Foundation, Inc., serving as president of the Foundation.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1980
- Emory University, M.B.A., 1980
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1976
- Georgia, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1980
- Georgia Certified Public Accountant, 1982
Representative Matters :
- Served as developer’s counsel for three mixed-use centers in Metro Atlanta – North & Line on the Beltline in Midtown, Windward Park in Alpharetta and Town Center in Peachtree Corners.
- Acquisition of two distribution centers, an ocean freight terminal and multiple retail development sites for a national agriculture supply company.
- Development of production facility in North Georgia for Spanish based manufacturer of material handling equipment.
- Represented a public school district in the purchase of 56 acre office campus in metro Atlanta for a new public high school.
- Represented foreign investors in purchase of Atlanta regional shopping mall, including discounting payoff agreement with lender under threat of foreclosure and joint venture agreement with local operator.
- Served as real estate counsel for the acquisition of a regional hospital and medical office complexes.
Professional Honors & Activities :
- Selected as one of “Georgia’s Legal Elite” in Real Estate Law by Georgia Trend Magazine, 2012
- Member – Atlanta and American Bar Associations
- Member – State Bar of Georgia
- Member – Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member – Zoning Board of Appeals, City of Brookhaven, Georgia, since 2013
- Former Member – Governor’s Commission for the City of Brookhaven, 2012
Rate : $$$$