Jeff M. Dobbs is a Corporate & Securities partner in the Houston office of Mayer Brown. Jeff has a broad transactional practice, and his experience includes:
Mergers and Acquisitions :Jeff regularly represents buyers and sellers in domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of businesses and assets. Jeff has extensive experience advising public and private companies and private equity funds in transactions involving private targets.
Jeff has represented clients in a broad range of industries, including energy companies, telecommunications companies, chemical companies, healthcare companies, technology companies, media/entertainment companies and financial services companies.
Energy : Jeff is a member of the Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Investment groups and has particular experience with clients engaged in the energy industry, including oil and gas exploration and production, midstream, oilfield equipment, power generation and seismic and other energy services companies. Jeff advises these clients in connection with the acquisition, financing, operation and disposition of energy assets.
Joint Ventures : Jeff is a member of the Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances practice and regularly represents clients in structuring, negotiating and documenting joint ventures.
General Corporate Practice : Jeff provides ongoing advice to clients regarding general corporate and securities matters, including Exchange Act reporting, fiduciary duties, corporate governance, defensive measures and NYSE and NASDAQ compliance.
- The University of Texas School of Law, JD, with honors
- The University of Texas at Austin, BBA
Admissions : Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Mergers and Acquisitions Section, Section Council
- Institute For Energy Law, Advisory Board Member
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- Represented a Chinese national oil company in its approximately $1.7 billion acquisition of a 40% undivided interest in approximately 207,000 net oil and natural gas leasehold acres in the horizontal Wolfcamp shale play in west Texas.
- Represented an exploration and production company in connection with its merger with a subsidiary of a major integrated oil and gas company for cash consideration of approximately $695 million.
- Represented a master limited partnership in connection with (i) the sale of its general partner in exchange for preferred units with a value of approximately $300 million and (ii) its acquisition of a 49.9% ownership interest in an interstate natural gas pipeline company in exchange for common units with a value of approximately $600 million.
- Represented an exploration and production company in connection with the sale of certain onshore and offshore oil and gas properties for approximately $360 million.
- Represented multiple international oil and gas companies in connection with the separate sales of their minority ownership interests in a Peruvian pipeline company that transports natural gas and liquids from the Camisea field to the Peruvian coast.
- Represented a start-up exploration and production company in connection with its formation, capital raise and multiple acquisitions of oil and gas properties in the North Park Basin.
- Represented the management team in the formation and private equity financing for an exploration and production company focused on the Bakken Formation, and the acquisition of the company’s initial assets.
- Represented a public oilfield services company in connection with its acquisition of a provider of specialty coil tubing tools and services for the oil and gas industry for approximately $60 million.
- Represented a public oilfield and seismic services company in connection with the formation of its land seismic joint venture with a subsidiary of a Chinese national oil company and related financing transactions.
- Represented a multinational record label and entertainment distribution company in connection with the formation of a global independent film, television and digital branded entertainment content studio.
- Represented a private investment firm focused on energy infrastructure in its acquisition of a 550 megawatt natural gas combined-cycle electric power generation facility located in the Permian Basin.
- Represented a master limited partnership in connection with the formation of its joint venture that acquired a natural gas liquids storage, fractionation and transportation business for approximately $1.925 billion.
- Represented the independent committee of a public company in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of an affiliated provider of distressed petroleum collection, recycling, transportation, storage and re-refining services.
Rate : $$$