Jeff Maydew is the Chair of the Firm’s Global Tax Planning and Transactions Practice Group and a member of the Management Committee for the firm’s North American Tax Practice Group. He is ranked as a notable practitioner in Chambers USA – Illinois Tax (2016), and has been noted as a Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500 US – International Tax (2015, 2016) and World Tax – Chicago (2013, 2015).
Mr. Maydew has more than twenty years of experience representing multinational organizations in tax-related matters. He is a frequent author and speaker on international tax topics before the Tax Executives Institute, American Bar Association, IUS Law Program and the International Fiscal Association.
He is a co-author of a treatise on international taxation, US Corporations Doing Business Abroad. Mr. Maydew has taught courses in international taxation as an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown and the Northwestern University Law Center.
Mr. Maydew specializes in business taxation, particularly domestic and international tax planning for mergers, acquisitions and other major corporate transactions. His practice also includes private ruling requests as well as audit and tax controversy matters. He advises clients across a broad range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, consumer products, e-commerce, electronics and petrochemicals.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M.) (2003)
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D. Honors) (1996)
- Iowa State University (B.S.) (1992)
- Illinois~United States (2008)
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2002)
- District of Columbia~United States (2002)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Tax Section
- District of Columbia Bar – Tax Section
- International Fiscal Association – Member
Rate : $$$