Jeffery R. Mullen focuses his practice on construction law. Before becoming an attorney, Jeff worked for a regional contractor as a project manager, where he oversaw various residential, commercial, and public projects. Building upon that experience, Jeff’s practice is focused exclusively on the construction industry to assist clients in addressing the specific challenges they face before, during, and after project completion.
Jeff has counseled and represented owners, developers, contractors, and design professionals in all phases of construction projects and through the litigation and the alternative dispute resolution process. He has experience representing clients in disputes arising from a wide array of construction projects, including power plants, mass transit systems, highways, pipelines, dams, and commercial and residential building.
In addition, Jeff counsels clients through contract formation and performance to identify, avoid and resolve disputes as a means of preventive risk management. He has experience drafting and negotiating design and construction contracts and proposals for projects ranging from commercial and residential renovations to major infrastructure improvements.
Jeff does pro bono and community work serving as trial counsel in cases ranging from the prosecution of prisoner civil rights matters to protecting the legal rights and interests of the elderly in the Greater Philadelphia Area against contractor fraud.
Jeff received his bachelor’s degree in business administration, magna cum laude, from Elizabethtown College where he was named Business Student of the Year. Jeff earned his law degree, summa cum laude, from Rutgers University School of Law. While at Rutgers, he served as managing editor of the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion and was a legislative fellow at the Eagleton Institute of Politics and Government.
- Prosecution of natural gas transmission pipeline contractor’s claims for contract balances and wrongful termination damages in connection with the construction of a mid-stream pipeline in the Marcellus Shale, resulting in the largest Contractor and Subcontractor Payment award in Pennsylvania’s history.
- Defense of owner in payment bond action arising out of the construction of a $12.5 million student recreation center and successful appeal before the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
- Representation of leading engineering professional services consulting firm in action to challenge application for discovery for use in an international proceeding arising under a multi-billion dollar contract for the expansion of the Panama Canal.
- Drafted and negotiated architectural services agreement for new $6.6 million emergency services facility in New Jersey.
- Drafted and negotiated architectural and construction services agreements for $25 million renovation and conversation of historic Philadelphia landmark into luxury residential apartments.
- For various clients across the country, drafted form agreements tailored to project objectives and jurisdictional requirements.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, J.D., summa cum laude, 2013
- Elizabethtown College, B.S., magna cum laude, 2009
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$