Jeffery Dybdahl advises a range of employers, from long-standing multinational conglomerates to small start-ups opening their first international offices, on legal matters related to the global transfer of personnel. He also advises on corporate and employment-based US immigration law, temporary work visa petitions, permanent residence and citizenship applications, and coordinates assignments and transfers to jurisdictions around the world.
In addition, Jeff leads pro bono naturalization clinics and represents pro bono clients seeking to obtain US citizenship. Jeff provides strategic counseling and advice to corporate HR and legal personnel regarding the full range of immigration compliance issues faced by companies with a globally mobile workforce.
He manages US-based visa issues and coordinates with global immigration colleagues to facilitate assignments and transfers of multinational companies’ employees to jurisdictions outside the US. In addition, Jeff provides corporate clients with multijurisdictional summaries of employment and immigration law.
Together with his Chicago colleagues, Jeff manages visa-related issues for hundreds of individual employees of multinational companies, with each matter or employee having a temporary visa and possible permanent residence matter pending.
- Lewis & Clark Law School (J.D.) (1997)
- University of Georgia (B.A.) (1994)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (2008)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association – Member
- Illinois State Bar Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Assisted clients in the transfer of foreign employees with specialized knowledge to help in the technical development of a product or management of US operations.
- Facilitated the movement of executive, managerial and key technical employees for large and small companies opening their first offices in the US.
- Advised clients on the challenges and strategies for hiring and retaining talent, given the restrictions of the US immigration system.
- Assisted clients in complying with employment verification and record-keeping requirements, both proactively and in response to Department of Labor investigations.
Rate : $$$