Jeffrey P. Berg represents companies in corporate finance and securities matters, primarily issuers, with an emphasis in the areas of securities offerings, securities regulations and corporate governance.
Jeff’s clients appreciate his dedication and ongoing attention to changing business environments, as well as to newly established and updated laws, policies and procedures. He also has significant experience with start-up companies, assisting them in their capital and commercial needs.
Jeff Berg solves international and cross-border finance issues for clients and provides guidance for compliance with regulatory agencies, especially the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Clients turn to Jeff for information, direction and leadership in international joint ventures, offerings of debt and equity securities, leveraged buyouts, tax matters and litigation support.
He provides clients with assistance in structuring and implementing Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance programs, which are designed to avoid potential violations and to reduce governmental sanctions should a violation occur.
- Provides clients with assistance in structuring and implementing Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance programs that are designed to avoid potential violations and to reduce governmental sanctions should a violation occur.
- Has advised on more than 150 public offerings, more than 200 private placements and more than 150 mergers, acquisitions or reorganizations.
- Advised an acquirer in connection with a $250 million acquisition of an international grooming products company on behalf of his client, an international private equity firm.
- Advised an issuer in connection with 17 publicly offered mortgage-backed securities issuances with an aggregate value of approximately $3 billion.
- Advised a medical services company in connection with its initial public offering, as well as several follow-on financings and acquisitions (the company was ultimately sold for $1.1 billion).
- Represented an Arizona healthcare facilities authority in the preparation and sale of bonds for the development of group homes for children under the care of the state of Arizona.
- Advised two separate California-based Prepaid Healthcare Service Plans in their initial public offerings and subsequently completed approximately 10 mergers and acquisitions of various types of facilities and companies over a period of years.
- Represented an employee group of a division of a Fortune 500 company that, through the use of an ESOP, bought out the ownership of the division.
- Represented an underwriter in connection with a debt offering for the acquisition and development of a golf course in Southern California.
- American Bar Association
- Federal Regulations of Securities
- Task Force on Securitization of Assets
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Community : Phi Alpha Delta, Delta Theta Phi.
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 1974
- B.A., History, California State University, Northridge, 1970
- M.A., Candidate, The University of New Mexico
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$