Mr. Jeffrey E. Bigman, one of the members of Smith, Stout, Bigman & Brock, P.A., joined the firm in 1996. He specializes in insurance defense with emphasis on medical malpractice defense, bad faith and insurance coverage litigation and high exposure personal injury actions.
He represents doctors, nursing homes, hospitals, chiropractors, podiatrists and other health professionals. He also represents health professionals in the defense of disciplinary actions.
Mr. Bigman represents clients in all aspects of insurance defense including automobile negligence, premises liability, products liability, insurance coverage disputes, and bad faith litigation. He is a Board Certified Specialist in the area of Civil Trial Law.
- New York, 1984
- Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York, Juris Doctor – 1983
- City University of New York, Queens College, Flushing, NY, Bachelor of Arts – 1980
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association
- Volusia County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Florida Liability Claims Conference, Chairman
- Dunn Blount Inns of Court
- Temple Beth-El, Board of Trustees, 2000 – Present
Rate : $$$$