Jeffrey W. Breeser’s practice emphasizes general contracting, secured lending, acquisitions, corporate governance and new ventures. Jeff works with various businesses, from entrepreneurs to multinational corporations, including equipment manufacturers, sales and service companies, distributors, temporary staffing, professional service companies, banks, government contractors, and real estate agencies and related businesses.
- Drafts and negotiates sales, supply, and service agreements, equipment financing arrangements, and other commercial contracts for a variety of clients, including warranty, insurance, indemnity, and limitation of liability issues.
- Negotiates and resolves commercial disputes for clients relating to purchase and sale of goods and provision of services.
- Handled acquisition of offices by local real estate services company from international real estate services company, affiliation between the companies, subsequent joint ventures between the companies for new territories, and sale of a joint venture interest to joint venturer.
- Negotiated and handled several credit facility refinancings and extensions for local ship repair facility defense contractor.
- Assisted in acquisition of build to order floating dry dock and negotiated sale of existing floating dry dock for ship repair facility.
- Assisted with spinoff of non-weather businesses and subsequent sale of The Weather Channel companies to a consortium consisting of NBC Universal, Blackstone Group, LP, and Bain Capital, LLC, including separation of group technology and other service contracts and credit facilities.
- Negotiated, documented, and closed on purchase of chain of 22 franchise restaurants from bankruptcy estate of bankrupt franchisee. The acquisition included the assumption of $11 million of debt to two securitized trusts, the franchisor, and the franchise holders’ association.
- Negotiated and documented SBA, working capital and term loans and loan renewals and restructurings for a variety of local businesses on behalf of lenders and on behalf of borrowers.
- Negotiated, documented, and closed four loans totaling $4,225,000 from two banks to refinance operations and finance expansion for new family entertainment park venture.
- Handled a variety of small business disassociations, including local physicians’ groups, real estate agencies, insurance agencies, and other closely-held businesses.
- Handled purchase and sale of a local chain of fast food restaurants, individual restaurants, a marine surveying company, a local diagnostic clinic, sporting goods stores, insurance agencies, and other small businesses.
- Established form sales and warranty documentation for a variety of companies, including heavy equipment dealer, automobile dealer, HVAC sales and service company, consulting services company, and securities system company.
- J.D., University of Virginia, 1987
- M.B.A., University of Virginia, 1987
- B.S.M.E., Virginia Tech, cum laude, 1983
- Virginia State Bar
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation Foundation: Co-Founder, Board Member and Secretary
Rate : $$$