Mr. Jeffrey Brett Kaplan to serve on the National Arbitration and Mediation Committee, which is an advisory committee that makes recommendations and drafts rules, regulations, and procedures governing FINRA arbitration.
He has extensive experience handling NASD, FINRA, NYSE, and AAA securities arbitration matters and has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of defrauded investors. Mr. Kaplan has authored a number of articles on stockbroker misconduct, and he is a recognized authority on the subject.
He often serves as a guest lecturer on securities fraud and stockbroker misconduct, and has been invited to speak to investor groups, accountants, and other professionals throughout the country concerning investor protection.
Mr. Kaplan is a past Chairperson and current Board member of the Young Philanthropists of Baptist Health. He also is a former Chairperson of a Florida Bar Grievance Committee and a member of the Miami-Dade County Bar Association SEC Litigation Committee.
He is active in the Greater Miami Jewish Federation Attorneys Division and is a Member of the Miami Innovation Fund, which provides pre-seed funding to technology start ups.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford, CT – 1985
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Young Philanthropists of Baptist Hospital, Chairperson 2010 – present, Member Steering Committee 2009-2010
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation – Pacesetter, Chair, 2010 Annual Judicial Reception, Vice Chair, 2009 Annual Judicial Reception, Chair of Corporate Underwriting, 2008 Annual Judicial Reception, Attorneys Division Mentoring Committee, 2006 – 2008
- United Way Tocqueville Society
- University of Miami Alumni Association, Director-at-Large, 2007
Bar Admissions : Florida, 1994
Rate : $$$