Jeffrey K. Browning, a partner in the firm’s Debt Finance Department, represents banks and other financial institutions in documenting and structuring complex secured and unsecured commercial lending transactions, including bilateral, club and syndicated lending transactions and transactions involving complex intercreditor issues.
He helps lenders with workouts, restructurings, public mortgage securitizations and Rule 144A lease securitizations. Jeff represents clients across a variety of industries, including agriculture, healthcare, real estate, higher education and nonprofit institutions.
Before attending law school, Jeff was a vice president at a large national bank, where he worked primarily in the residential mortgage group, acting as business development manager for its mortgage servicing division, mortgage trader for its secondary marketing division and financial consultant.
- Representation of agent and lead lender in $260 million secured revolving facility to tomato processor, canner and distributor of tomato products.
- Representation of agent and lead lender in $125 million secured revolving facility to tomato processor, canner and distributor of tomato products.
- Representation of lender in $61 million revolving credit facility to an integrated poultry grower, processor and distributor.
- Representation of lender in $103 million secured revolving and term credit facilities for international grain and feed by-products distributor.
- Counsel to letter of credit issuer in connection with the issuance of $21 million secured letter of credit issued to support taxable bonds issued in connection with the acquisition of a commercial real estate property.
- Counsel to lender in connection with $70 million secured term loan to diversified company to finance equity buyout of joint venture partner in real estate development project.
- Counsel to lender in connection with $100 million master trust indenture secured, term loan to a hospital system.
- Counsel to lender in connection with $300 million unsecured liquidity facility to support variable rate debt of a large public university.
- Counsel to bank in connection with secured standby bond purchase agreement to support $29 million of tax-exempt bonds issued for the benefit of a private not-for-profit university.
- Counsel to lender in connection with $50 million unsecured revolving line of credit to a large private not-for-profit university.
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, JD, 2000
- San Diego State University, MBA, Beta Gamma Sigma, 1990
- University of Colorado Boulder, BA, 1988
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$