Jeffrey A. Calabrese is the practice leader for Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits group and serves as Chair of the Firm’s Personnel Committee. Jeff is relied upon by clients as a trusted, responsive, and down-to-earth advisor.
He has substantial experience litigating in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies, and regularly provides clients with advice on difficult workplace issues and legal compliance matters. Jeff also works closely with educational institutions, and has been certified as a Title IX Coordinator by the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA).
Jeff represents employers across a range of industries, particularly manufacturing, transportation, education and finance. His clients include employers of all types, from private business to government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits: Jeff regularly counsels employers on difficult workplace issues and is a sought-after speaker on employment law. While the services he provides cover a full range of employment areas, he has particular expertise with claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation, FMLA/ADA leave and reasonable accommodation issues, and non-compete agreements.
Higher Education: Jeff has many years of experience advising public and private universities with respect to Title IX compliance, employment law, and other matters unique to faculty, students, and administrators of higher educational institutions.
Sports Law: Jeff applies his labor and employment experience to counsel one of the nation’s most successful collegiate athletics programs. He works with athletic directors, coaches and other staff, in offices and in courtrooms, helping them maintain their focus on the fields of competition.
- University of Georgia 2003, J.D., magna cum laude
- Emory University 2000, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- American Bar Association, Employee Rights & Responsibilities Committee, 2004-present
- Louisville Bar Association: member, 2006-present; Board of Directors, 2010-2011; Communications Committee, 2007-2016; Labor and Employment Section Chair, 2009
- Metro United Way, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, 2016-present
- Boy Scouts of America, Lincoln Heritage Council Executive Board, 2018-present
- St. Francis in the Fields Episcopal Church, former senior warden, 2016; vestry member, 2014-2016
Rate : $$$