Jeffrey S. Cashdan specializes in high-stakes business litigation. Jeff has decades of experience handling complex antitrust matters and purported class actions in a variety of industries.
Jeff has extensive experience in antitrust litigation and counseling for clients in various industries, including food and beverages, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, energy, financial products, telecommunications, hospitality and healthcare.
Jeff has represented firms and individuals in several purported class actions alleging business torts, consumer fraud, RICO violations and other substantive claims. Jeff also represents businesses as plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial litigation and appellate matters.
Jeff is a graduate of the University of Chicago Law School, where he served on the law review. Jeff clerked for The Honorable Gerald Bard Tjoflat, then Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Jeff earned his undergraduate degree from Claremont McKenna College, and studied at the London School of Economics and Political Science prior to attending law school.
Jeff is active in legal pro bono and community activities. Among his civic activities, Jeff currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Alliance Theatre and served on the Board of Trustees for the Woodruff Arts Center, participated in Leadership Atlanta (Class of 2008), served on the Board of Directors (Past President) of the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, served on the Board of Directors of Special Olympics Georgia and served on the Board of Directors for Hosea Feed the Hungry-Homeless.
Jeff has held various positions of law firm leadership, including Practice Group Leader for the Business Litigation Practice Group, Hiring Partner and service on the firm’s Associate Evaluation and Pro Bono Committees.
- J.D., University of Chicago
- B.A., Claremont McKenna College
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association, Antitrust and Litigation Sections (Vice-Chair of Sherman Act Section 2 (Monopolization) Committee; Member, task force on international cartel enforcement issues; Editor, Antitrust Law Journal)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Chair of Board of Directors, State Bar of Georgia, Antitrust Section, 2002-2003
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of American (an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society)
- Illinois State Bar
- State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$$