Jeffrey G. Davis is a partner in the Tax Transactions & Consulting group in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office and is a co-head of the firm’s Renewable Energy group. Jeff represents major corporations, financial institutions and private equity funds on a wide range of US federal income tax matters. His practice focuses on partnership tax, tax credits and other incentives, and project finance and development.
In addition, Jeff represents clients in matters before the US Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service, including assisting with applications for private letter rulings, requests for published guidance and applications for Section 1603 Treasury grants in lieu of tax credits.
He frequently speaks at conferences on tax credits and other tax incentives and has served as an adjunct professor in the graduate tax program at Georgetown University Law Center.
In December 2017, Washingtonian Magazine named Jeff a 2017 Top Lawyer (Tax). In 2013, LMG Cleantech and Renewable Energy named Jeff one of the CleanTech 100, which “consists of the top 100 clean technology and renewable energy lawyers practicing in the industry today.
These practitioners were recommended by their colleagues consistently as reputable and effective attorneys who are constantly involved with the industry.” He is described in The Legal 500 United States (2013) as “’knowledgeable’” and “‘always up to date’ with the latest developments.”
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2009, Jeff was a partner at a boutique tax and capital markets firm in Washington DC.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LLM in Taxation, with distinction
- Pepperdine University School of Law, JD, summa cum laude
- Lipscomb University, BA, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Supreme Court
- US Tax Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Member, The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- Member, Mayer Brown Pro Bono Committee, Washington DC Office
- Opportunity International, Board of Governors
- The District of Columbia Bar, Taxation Community
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center, 2004-2007
Rate : $$$