Jeffrey DeCarlo is Chair of our Public Finance Practice Group. He has practiced for more than 30 years in public finance. He has acted as bond counsel and disclosure counsel, and as issuer’s, underwriters’, university, bank, company or developer’s counsel on more than 1,000 bond financings totaling more than $12 billion.
His experience includes sophisticated financing techniques, including variable-rate and option bonds, credit enhancement, swaps and other derivative products. He also has significant experience in the Federal tax aspects of municipal bond transactions. His practice includes representation of municipal governments in general matters of public finance.
- Bond transactions and related financings, including: general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, private activity bonds, lease-purchase financings, certificates of participation and current and advance refundings.
- Types of projects include airports, seaports, bridges, toll roads, water and sewer, environmental, electric utilities, parks, convention centers, performing arts centers, cultural facilities, sports complexes, courthouses, fire and police stations, parking facilities, government centers, stormwater utilities, solid waste facilities, resource recovery facilities, tax increment financing, special assessments, community redevelopment, health care, single family and multifamily housing, mortgage credit certificates, education (including public and private schools and universities), and industrial development.
- Extensive experience with drafting legislation related to bond financing. Principal draftsman of Florida’s Taxable Bond Act, and was involved in drafting amendments to broaden the bond issuance authority of the Spaceport Florida Authority and the South Florida Water Management District.
- Currently advises the Florida Department of Environmental Protection on the private use tax aspects of their use of bond proceeds and is assisting them in analyzing their private use transactions and developing strategies for identifying and tracking private use.
- Acted as bond counsel for the first property-assessed clean energy (PACE) bond issue in Florida.
- Columbia University School of Law, JD, 1980
- Articles Editor, Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems
- Colgate University, BA, Philosophy, magna cum laude, 1977
Rate : $$$