Jeffrey E. Decker is a partner in the firm’s business group and the chair of the business group in the Orlando office. Jeff’s practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, joint venture, strategic alliance and divestiture transactions, securities offerings, Securities Exchange Act reporting and other corporate finance matters, proxy solicitations, corporate governance, corporate recapitalizations, restructurings and reorganizations, and general transactional and legal matters for public and private companies.
- Represents corporate and partnership issuers and underwriters in public and private equity and debt securities offerings. Experience includes preparing registration statements and private placement documents, filing and coordinating with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the various state securities divisions in connection with such offerings, and advising clients in conducting offerings.
- Represents publicly held issuers with respect to Securities Exchange Act reporting and compliance obligations along with other federal and state compliance issues.
- Regularly advises boards of directors and board committees in connection with corporate governance matters, fiduciary duty issues and transactional matters.
- Handles a wide variety of other general corporate, business, and commercial matters for businesses at all stages of development, including entity structuring and formation matters; traditional and nontraditional financing arrangements; shareholder, executive employment and other business agreements and arrangements; technology transfer and licensing arrangements; and manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1989, cum laude
- B.B.A., University of Miami, 1986, cum laude
Admissions : Florida, 1989
Rate : $$$