Jeffrey S. Gardner is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Chicago office. Jeffrey Gardner concentrates his practice on transactional and securities matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments, financings, and Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934 compliance.
Mr. Gardner has represented public and private clients in many different industries, including basic materials, biotech, finance, hospitality, and technology. He also advises entrepreneurs and start-up ventures in connection with formation and general corporate matters. Mr. Gardner has also counseled public and private companies in all aspects of corporate governance.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2003, Journal of Law and Policy in International Business
- M.B.A., Ohio State University, 2000
- B.S., Ohio State University, 2000, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Represented OmniForce, LLC in multiple roll-up acquisitions of race events and a cross border acquisition of event production company
- Represented National Surgical Care in several roll-up acquisitions of majority interests in ambulatory surgery centers
- Represented SourceCode Technology Holdings, Inc. in purchase of IP assets from a privately held South African software company
- Represented Targeted Molecular Diagnostics, LLC in sale of the company to Quintiles Transnational Holdings, Inc.
- Represented HGDS Acquisition LLC in its acquisition of certain assets of Hub Group Distribution Services, LLC
- Represented Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. in its acquisition of The Security Professionals, Inc. and Security Services USA, Inc.
- IPOs/Venture Capital Transactions
- Represented shareholders of Advance America, Cash Advance Centers, Inc. in IPO
- Represented SourceCode Technology Holdings, Inc. in series b and series c venture financings and related tender offer
- Real Estate/Hospitality Joint Ventures
- Represented Oxford Capital Partners, LLC in multiple joint ventures with capital partners for the acquisition, development, and operation of U.S. hotel properties
- Represented Geolo Capital II, L.P. in multiple joint ventures with developers for the acquisition, development, and operation of U.S. and foreign hotel properties
- Represented Quadrum Global in multiple joint ventures with developers for the acquisition, development, and operation of multiple properties to be developed into hotels, apartment complexes, and mixed-use developments
- Represented Cachet Hotel Group in master franchising agreement with Wahlburgers Franchising International, Inc.
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
Rate : $$$