Jeffrey D. (Jeff) Gaulin has extensive experience in structuring transactions involving the historic rehabilitation tax credit, the new markets tax credit, and state tax credits. For more than 13 years he has represented major institutional investors, developers, community development entities (CDEs), and nonprofit organizations in projects that utilize a combination of various tax credits and other financing sources including mixed-use real estate developments, hotels, commercial real estate projects, and renewable energy facilities. He also has significant experience in corporate and partnership tax law.
Prior to joining Jones Day, Jeff represented the investors, CDEs, borrowers, and developers in well over 100 tax credit transactions, including a significant number of state and federal combined historic and new markets tax credit transactions.
Jeff speaks frequently on issues related to the new markets tax credit program as well as various other incentive programs and has contributed to industry publications.
- Boston College (J.D. cum laude 2002; B.S. in Finance and Economics cum laude 1999)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
CLERKSHIPS : Law Clerk to Justice Linda Dalianis, New Hampshire Supreme Court (2002-2003)
- Capital One finances public library in East Las Vegas, Nevada
- Capital One provides financing for acquisition of forest in Washington state
- East West Bank provides financing for rehabilitation of historic building in Dallas, Texas
- Capital One finances construction of charter school in New Orleans, structured in part to generate new markets tax credits
- Capital One finances mental health care facility in Connecticut, in part by new markets tax credits
- East West Bancorp invests in rehabilitation of historic thread mill into commercial and residential complex in Stonington, Connecticut
- East West Bancorp invests in rehabilitation of historic building in Portland, Oregon, undertaken by affiliates of Pacific Northwest College of Art.
Rate : $$$$