Jeffrey G. Gilmore chairs Akerman’s Construction Practice, a team dedicated to providing practical counsel on the legal aspects of major construction initiatives and infrastructure projects around the world.
Jeff is sought after for his domestic and international experience in many segments of the construction industry on both private and public projects. He is repeatedly ranked by The Legal 500 and Chambers USA, which describes him as “extremely talented and astute at strategy.”
With a practice focused on innovative project delivery systems, including EPC, design-build, and P3, Jeff has represented clients on a wide range of projects involving renewable and conventional energy, rail, airport improvements, surface transportation infrastructure, petrochemical facilities, healthcare, multifamily housing, and challenging water and wastewater systems.
He assists public and private owners, contractors, design professionals, and other project participants with advice on contract terms, compliance issues, and the resolution of disputes arising out of the performance of complex design and construction contracts. Jeff has earned widespread praise for his keen ability to provide creative advice on the intricacies of construction matters.
- J.D., William & Mary Law School, 1982
- B.A., Miami University, Economics, 1979
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar, Member
Rate : $$$$