Jeffrey K. Gonya is partner-in-charge of Venable’s Tax and Wealth Planning Group. Jeff helps high-net-worth individuals, families, fiduciaries, and charitable foundations with a wide range of estate planning, trust, and tax matters.
He manages the administration of estates and trusts of all sizes, and serves as trustee for many clients – counseling them and their families on financial, business, insurance, and charitable giving issues.
Jeff assists clients with tax minimization and succession planning strategies that preserve wealth for their heirs. He prepares estate, gift, and fiduciary income tax returns, and represents clients in tax court regarding audits and other tax-related matters. He has also negotiated and settled numerous matters with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Experience : Serves as trustee and legal advisor to a U.S. charity that owns and operates a wildlife conservancy and scientific research center in Kenya; represents the organization in negotiations with other charities, universities, and governments in the United States, Africa, Europe, and Central America.
- J.D. University of Virginia School of Law 1986
- B.A. Echols Scholar University of Virginia 1983
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Professional Memberships :
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association, Section on Taxation
- Life fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Member, Professional Advisor Recognition Society of the Baltimore Community Foundation.
- Serves on board of trustees of the Mpala Wildlife Foundation, Inc.
- Acts as trustee of the Friends School of Baltimore and serves on the board of the Middle Grades Partnership.
Rate : $$$$