Jeffrey Gordon’s practice focuses on complex business and criminal litigation; internal, governmental and grand jury investigations; and strategic legal counseling.
Jeff has more than 20 years of litigation and investigation experience representing individuals and companies in complex business disputes, class actions, multi-district litigation (MDL) and white collar crime, and responding to investigations, both internal and government-initiated.
He brings his vast experience to help clients manage crises of varying scope and complexity across a broad range of industries including financial services, healthcare, medical device, energy, telecommunications, sports, and commercial and retail companies.
Jeff is frequently used as a trusted business advisor. He has been called on to help clients tackle their most challenging and complex disputes. Jeff has significant litigation experience in state and federal courts and in a variety of arbitration forums.
He also has particular experience representing and conducting internal and government initiated investigations on behalf of US and multi-national corporations in connection with accounting fraud, healthcare fraud, and issues arising under the False Claims Act (FCA), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other areas.
- Represented a REIT and its directors and officers in a shareholder derivative action to enjoin a proposed merger based on adequacy of merger consideration and other issues.
- Represented a Washington, DC based corporation focused on Armenian genocide issues in a dissolution action. Case dismissed with prejudice.
- Represented executives of a construction company as third-party witnesses in a construction fraud trial in Texas.
- Represented investment advisors in connection with FINRA Arbitrations concerning fraud and forgery claims.
- Represented executives of a ballistics testing company in a False Claims Act matter concerning the use of zylon fibers in the manufacturing and construction of bullet resistant vests.
- Represented a medical technology company in an anti-trust and patent dispute concerning its pulse oximetry devices.
- Represented an IT company in a breach of contract dispute in the U.S.D.C. for the SDNY.
- Represented a telecommunications company before the SEC, DOJ, and EU regarding post-acquisition due diligence review of an acquired company’s worldwide operations.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a lengthy arbitration concerning the $2 Billion sale of its internet business unit to a competitor.
- Represented an international consulting company in a breach of contract dispute.
- Represented a Department of Defense employee in a credit card fraud matter.
- Represented an eyeglass manufacturer in a patent infringement matter.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a patent infringement matter concerning glucosamine based products.
- Represented Baltimore City Police officers in numerous trials for alleged violations of an individual’s constitutional rights under 42 U.S.C. § 1983.
- Represented an international consulting company in numerous arbitrations concerning its consulting agreements.
- Represented a telecommunications company in numerous arbitrations under the Filed Tariff Doctrine.
- Conducted an FCPA investigation in China and US for a Fortune 500 apparel manufacture.
- Represented a government contractor in connection with an IRS investigation regarding tax evasion and embezzlement. Following an extensive investigation, the USAO and IRS declined to proceed with criminal charges against the company.
- Represented a trade association in an internal investigation regarding possible age discrimination claims and termination of its CFO.
- Represented a government contractor in a False Claims Act investigation of bills submitted to the US government for transportation services.
- Secured a declination of prosecution from the DOJ for a hospice care facility in connection with a healthcare fraud investigation.
- Secured declination of prosecution from the DOJ for a government contractor in a False Claims Act matter.
- Represented an automobile parts supplier in a cartel investigation in the US and Japan concerning its wire harness products.
- Represented an education testing company in an internal investigation involving potential FCPA violations in India.
- Represented an international pharmaceutical company in an internal investigation into potential FCPA violations in Singapore and the Philippines.
- Managed a global FCPA compliance review of company operations in more than 15 countries, including reviews of subsidiaries in Brazil, China, India, Mexico and Russia.
- Represented an international medical technology company in an investigation into whether products offered under a Department of Veteran Affairs program complied with the Trade Agreement Act’s country of origin requirements.
- Represented a medical technology company in an internal False Claims Act investigation into potential improper billing practices it provided to hospitals in California, Louisiana and Texas.
- Represented a medical device company in an investigation of alleged accounting fraud in its US, England and French offices.
- Represented an insurance company in consumer class actions claiming the insured deceptively and fraudulently marketed “vanishing premium” policies.
- Represented numerous retailers and consumer goods manufacturers in nationwide consumer class actions.
- Represented an international hotel company in consumer class actions alleging that the company fraudulently overcharged consumers for posted exchange rates in some of its international managed properties.
- JD, University of Maryland, 1994
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1989
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$