Jeffrey W. Guise is a partner in the San Diego office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. He practices in the area of intellectual property law and has extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property acquisition, licensing, and enforcement. Jeff’s intellectual property litigation experience includes pre-trial and trial experience, interference proceedings, and litigation counseling.
His intellectual property counseling experience includes drafting non-infringement and validity opinions, freedom-to-operate analyses, and invention records management plans. Jeff’s patent prosecution experience includes drafting and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications for a wide range of biotechnology, pharmaceutical, immunology, medical diagnostics, genetic engineering, agricultural biotechnology, genomics, proteomics clients, bioinformatics software, and electronic hardware systems.
He also has extensive experience in negotiating and drafting license agreements. Prior to joining Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Jeff was a partner at Pillsbury Winthrop. Prior to Pillsbury Winthrop, he was a partner at both Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison and Lyon & Lyon.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1992
- Ph.D., Molecular Biology and Immunology, University of Texas, Southwest Medical Center, 1987
- B.S., University of Iowa, 1981
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, American Society for Microbiology
- Member, Federal Circuit Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$