The leader of the M&A/Corporate Group in Skadden’s Los Angeles office, Jeffrey Cohen is recognized consistently as one of the leading private equity and M&A lawyers in Southern California. His broad transactional practice focuses on private equity and strategic mergers and acquisitions around the world.
Mr. Cohen has represented both buyers and sellers in numerous large and middle-market mergers and acquisitions. He often represents entrepreneurs and family business retailers, as well as private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a full investment cycle, including acquisitions, financings and dispositions. In addition, he has counseled clients on numerous investments in distressed debt and acquisitions of distressed businesses.
Mr. Cohen’s representations have included clients in an array of industries, such as apparel, beauty, energy, food, consumer products, retail, gaming, banking, sports and media, among others. In addition, he routinely counsels corporations and their officers and directors on securities and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Cohen’s extensive experience, creativity and background in finance enable him to effectively address clients’ business needs. For example, Mr. Cohen’s work advising an investor group in SKBHC’s acquisition and recapitalization of AmericanWest Bank received the Financial Times’ highest ranking in its 2011 “U.S. Innovative Lawyers” report.
Mr. Cohen is a frequent speaker, including at the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s 43rd Annual Securities Regulation Seminar, where he provided insight into current developments in private equity transactions and deal protection provisions.
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, 1988
- B.S., Economics, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1985
Admissions : California
- Executive Committee, Board of Directors, UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital
- Member, Board of Directors, Lowell Milken Institute for Business Law and Policy, UCLA School of Law
- Member, Southern California Regional Advisory Board, University of Pennsylvania
- Member, Board of Trustees, University Synagogue
- Former Chairman, Penn Fund Executive Board, University of Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$