One of the nation’s top trial attorneys, Jeffrey R. Harris is an award-winning litigator who handles high-profile, complex cases across a wide variety of practice areas. He excels at securing justice for clients who have been seriously injured or killed, holding responsible parties accountable for their actions as well as their negligence.
Over the course of his career, Jeff has secured hundreds of millions in jury verdicts and settlements for his clients and has helped make a variety of products, vehicles and industries safer for everyone. His cases have been featured in The New York Times, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, 20/20, CBS Evening News and many other national media outlets.
Jeff has earned a reputation as a strategic, aggressive litigator who takes on major corporations and wins cases on behalf of his clients. Jeff has successfully litigated cases involving product defects, business disputes, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, bad faith, aviation accidents, medical negligence and industrial accidents. His specialty is trying cases to a jury. He is routinely brought into complex cases at the request of other attorneys to handle the trial of those disputes.
Jeff excels at product liability cases and has successfully sued virtually all of the major automakers for manufacturing defective vehicles. He represented a client who was paralyzed due to an injury caused by her Ford Explorer, securing a $40 million jury verdict while demonstrating that the company knew for decades that its transmission suffered from a “false park” defect. He also secured a $47.7 million jury verdict in a case involving a 6-year-old girl who was paralyzed due to a defect in the design of the Lincoln LS sedan and obtained $16.52 million in damages against Michelin in a high-profile product liability and wrongful death case, demonstrating that tread separation on a defective tire caused his client’s death.
In addition, this talented litigator has had major wins in business tort cases. He took on the City of Atlanta and Clear Channel, winning a $17.5 million federal judgement arising from illegal bid awarding practices related to advertising contracts at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia, J.D, 1999
- Mercer University, MBA, 1997
- University of Georgia, B.A., 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia, Member of State Disciplinary Board
- American Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Vice President and Champion Member; Membership Committee Co-Chair; Legislative Committee
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- AIEG, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Member
- Savannah Bar Association, Member
- International Society of Barristers, Fellow
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Member
Rate : $$$$