From Fortune 500 corporations to mid-market employers, Jeffrey S. Horton Thomas focuses his practice on representing employers and management in all aspects of California and federal employment law before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
He regularly defends employers on issues involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, disability accommodation, wage and hour, and PAGA lawsuits and administrative actions.
His clients span various sectors including hospitality, technology, retail, professional services, manufacturing, and apparel. Clients value his aggressive approach and mature judgment in defending litigation.
Jeffrey has served as contributing employment law editor to Modern Restaurant Management magazine and is a regular legal guest on KABC Talk Radio’s “So, What’s Your Problem.”
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 1985
- B.A., University of Kansas, Journalism, 1982
Bar Admission :
Court Admission :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Step Up, Los Angeles Board of Directors, 2019
- Daily Journal/California Lawyer Annual Employment Law Forum, Co-Chair, 2017 and 2018
- West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2017
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Executive Committee Member and Vice-Chair, 2015-2016
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- ProVisors, Westside III, 2019; Lawyers and Legal Professionals Affinity Group, Executive Committee, 2019; West Hollywood, Executive Committee Member and original host, 2016-2017
Rate : $$$$