Jeffrey D. Karpf’s practice focuses on corporate and financial transactions and matters. He represents issuers and investment banks in a variety of SEC-registered and private equity and debt offerings, as well as tender and exchange offers.
Jeff also advises on securities regulatory and corporate governance matters, including board structure and practices. He also has extensive experience in the development of new financial instruments and structured equity derivatives products.
Jeff joined the firm in 1994 and became a partner in 2003.
Initial Public Offerings
- Has advised in numerous IPOs, including those of Cushman & Wakefield, LINE, Santander Consumer USA, RigNet, Primerica, rue21, Lumber Liquidators, Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, J.Crew Group, Williams Scotsman International, and Travelers Property Casualty. Also acted as counsel in the dual-track IPO and sale process for Bausch & Lomb, Biomet, OneMain, Petco, Triton Container, and United Guaranty.
- Allergan in its $30 billion bond/equity offerings, the largest ever acquisition financing and second-largest bond offering in history.
- Represents numerous issuers on securities offering, disclosure, and corporate governance matters, including Allergan, Citigroup, Cushman & Wakefield, Google/Alphabet, International Seaways, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, Verizon, and Whirlpool.
- Designated underwriters counsel for numerous issuers, including AIG, Asian Development Bank, Citigroup Global Markets, JELD-WEN, Zions Bancorporation, Hershey, Southern California Edison, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1994
- Yale University, B.A., 1989
- New York
Rate : $$$