Jeffrey M. Keehn is a corporate attorney who focuses on Maryland corporation law, particularly as it relates to real estate investment trusts (REITs) and registered investment companies.
Jeff guides REITs in public offerings, mergers, hostile takeover attempts, and other transactions. He also represents other business clients in a wide range of corporate law matters, including governance, securities transactions, finance, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Served as independent counsel to special committees of the boards of directors of several publicly traded companies, in their consideration and negotiation of strategic alternatives
- Served as Maryland counsel to a REIT in its $200 million initial public offering, and $150 million and $180 million follow-on offerings
- Served as Maryland counsel to several open-end mutual fund complexes in reorganizations and issues related to Maryland law
- Served as Maryland counsel to a mortgage REIT in its merger with a special-purpose acquisition company
- Served as Maryland counsel in the first listing of Hong Kong Depository Receipts by a Maryland corporation on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited
- Served as counsel to a large hospital system in the overhaul of bylaws and governance documents for a dozen hospitals and affiliates.
- J.D. cum laude University of Baltimore School of Law 2006
- M.B.A. University of Georgia 2003
- B.B.A. Emory University 1998
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Committee on Corporation Law
Rate : $$$