Jeffrey Lazar Kochian leads the firm’s corporate practice. He primarily focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions (including private equity transactions) and other complex transactions.Jeff also provides ongoing compliance and strategic advice to clients on a full spectrum of corporate matters including:
- public mergers and acquisitions
- private mergers and acquisitions (including private equity)
- fiduciary duties and corporate governance
- shareholder activism
- ’34 Act issues
- strategic investments.
- Advises both domestic and foreign public companies on a variety of corporate matters, including joint ventures, corporate finance and securities offerings
- Advises on public and private (including private equity) mergers and acquisitions and other complex transactions
- Advises public corporations and investment funds on a variety of corporate governance, fiduciary and ’34 Act issues, including with respect to activist matters
- Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Represented Kingston Technology as a member of a consortium led by Bain Capital acquiring Toshiba Memory Corporation, a subsidiary of Japanese conglomerate Toshiba, for $18 billion.
- Assisted Durational Capital and The Jordan Company in their joint buyout of Bojangles’, Inc.
- Counseled Diamondback Energy, Inc. in its $9.2 billion acquisition of Energen Corporation.
- Advised Cimarex Energy Co. in its announced agreement to acquire Resolute Energy Corporation (expected to close in 2019).
- Served as legal counsel to Merrill Corporation, a portfolio company of Bain Capital and Davidson Kempner, in its sale of several non-core assets, including:
- VITAC Corporation to The Gores Group.
- Its real estate business to Xpressdocs Holdings, Inc.
- Its financial printing business to Toppan Leefung Pte. Ltd.
- Its nonfinancial printing business to Toppan Leefung Pte. Ltd.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, magna cum laude, 1998
- B.A., University of Rochester, 1990
- New York
Rate : $$$