Named as one of the leading intellectual property, trademark, copyright and trade secrets attorneys in California by Chambers USA, Jeffrey S. Kravitz focuses his practice on business and intellectual property, entertainment and technology disputes.
Jeff represents clients in the entertainment industry, including production companies, studios and individuals with their litigation needs, particularly concerning copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, sexual harassment and provides business counseling related to their intellectual property.
Jeff has significant experience with copyright, trademark and unfair competition matters, as well as media, libel and trade secret law and partnership breakups or “business divorces.”
Additionally, Jeff represents online technology companies and emerging startups in litigation matters and counsels companies as they seek to protect their intellectual property. Jeff’s recent matters include :
- Representation of a Canadian production company before the International Trade Commission
- Representation in a partnership dispute involving property in the greater Los Angeles area
- Representation of broadcasters in numerous disputed claims of copyright infringement and invasion of privacy
- Representation of a cable network in breach of copyright matter brought by competing producer regarding a television special on African-American military regiment
- Representation of a Canadian broadcaster against several copyright claims brought by a producer.
Jeff also has more than 20 years of experience handling insurance coverage disputes and has taken coverage and bad faith cases to verdict and appeal.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff was a partner in the intellectual property and entertainment practices for a national law firm in Los Angeles. He also served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of California.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles(J.D., cum laude, 1975)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., cum laude, 1972)
- Los Angeles Copyright Society
- American Bar Association Sub-Committee on Communications Law
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$