Jeffrey A. Leonard focuses his practice on real estate law, including real estate development, real estate finance, joint venture transactions, multifamily transactions, landlord-tenant disputes, and loan workouts. He currently serves on the firm’s management committee and board of directors, and is chair of the firm’s Business Law Department.
Jeff’s representations have included engagements by private equity funds in connection with the purchase of distressed debt, lenders in connection with construction and permanent financing, borrowers in connection with financings of a wide range of asset classes, including FNMA and Section 8 financings for multifamily projects, borrowers and lenders in loan work-out negotiations, corporations in connection with corporate headquarters acquisitions and leases, sales and leasing, a real estate investment trust in connection with a mixed-use condominium project, developer parties and investor parties in joint venture transactions, and buyers and sellers in portfolio acquisitions and dispositions.
Jeff is an executive board member of the PENJERDEL Council, an economic development council which promotes development of commerce in the Philadelphia region. He also serves on the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts’ board of directors.
Jeff’s professional memberships include the American, Pennsylvania, and Philadelphia bar associations and the International Council of Shopping Centers. Jeff is a 1982 graduate of Lafayette College and a 1985 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a member of The Tax Lawyer.
- Represented a private equity fund in a joint venture in connection with the acquisition of a 12 property office portfolio.
- Represented a lender in a construction loan transaction with a capital stock that includes new market credits and historic tax credits.
- Represented a company in connection with the relocation of its corporate headquarters in Philadelphia.
- Represented the owner of a portfolio of multifamily properties in connection with the sale of 15 apartment complexes located primarily in Pennsylvania, and elsewhere on the East Coast, for a purchase price of approximately $150 million.
- Represented Patriot Equities, L.P. and their joint venture partner in a $135 million portfolio acquisition, consisting of 15 office buildings, one of which was subject to a ground lease, in Colorado.
- Represented real estate private equity fund in acquisition of two portfolios of warehouse assets located in Pennsylvania and Maryland.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with a $250 million loan secured by domestic and international telecommunication and infrastructure assets.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1985
- Lafayette College, A.B., 1982
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; New York; Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Penjerdel Council
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Rate : $$$