Jeffrey W. Levitan, a recognized member of the Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Bar, is a partner in the Business Solutions, Governance, Restructuring & Bankruptcy Group. Throughout the past 25 years, Jeffrey has had significant involvement in many large and complex corporate reorganizations.
He represents and has represented a broad range of clients in Chapter 11 proceedings and out of court restructurings, including debtors, acquirers of distressed businesses, secured creditors, DIP lenders, trustees and creditors committees.
Jeffrey is a frequent lecturer and writer on bankruptcy topics. His pro bono work includes participation in the New York City Bankruptcy Assistance Project.
- New York Law School, J.D., 1983
- Articles Editor, New York Law School Law Review
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., 1979
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Clerkships : U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York – Hon. Edward J. Ryan
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- New York City Bar (Chairman of Plan of Reorganization Subcommittee, Bankruptcy and Reorganization Committee)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Rate : $$$