Jeffrey R. Lilly is a litigator in the Austin office with over 25 years of experience on behalf of corporate clients in state and federal courts in Texas and throughout the United States, including in national MDLs.
Jeff’s practice includes representing Fortune 500 clients in mass tort litigation settings to individual corporate clients in a wide range of matters, including product liability, commercial litigation (including commercial leases and real estate matters), premises liability and director & officer liability.
This breadth of experience allows Jeff to counsel clients in early options for resolving cases, either through aggressive or creative early motion practice, informal negotiation, or formal alternative dispute resolution.
Previously, Jeff was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Texas handling medical malpractice and general liability matters throughout the state of Texas where he had extensive court experience, including as first and second chair trial counsel.
Jeff is a member of the firm’s Drug & Medical Device, Tort & Product Liability and Commercial Litigation practice groups. Also, as co-chair of the firm’s e-discovery practice group, Jeff advises on significant e-discovery matters and is a frequent author and speaker on e-discovery issues and developments.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1993
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- Texas, Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Western, Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas
- Defense Research Institute, Product Liability Committee Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Austin Bar Association
Community Involvement :
- Front Steps Homeless Organization, former President, Board of Directors, and Executive Committee member
- Valburn Home Owners Association, former Board of Directors
- Garden Terrace, former Board of Directors
- Volunteer Mediator for Dispute Resolution Center of Harris County
- West University Parks & Recreation Department, former member of Board of Directors
- Core team member of national team defending pharmaceutical companies in Proton Pump Inhibitor litigation
- Successfully mediated negligence case involving allegations against day care center
- Successfully mediated Director & Officer liability case involving allegations of negligent misrepresentations and statutory fraud related to a stock purchase agreement
- Successfully mediated construction case involving allegations of defects in the construction of a manufactured home
- Successfully mediated Director & Officer case regarding allegations of breach of fiduciary duty
- Successfully resolved breach of contract case regarding agreement between media company and college athletic association
- Successfully resolved complex Lanham Act claim resulting in early dismissal with no economic damages paid
- Trial team member in pharmaceutical case in West Virginia where jury awarded only $155,000 in compensatory damages and there was a defense verdict on three of four claims;
- Member of national affirmative discovery team on 10,000 plus plaintiff mass tort litigation
- Extensive experience preparing and defending senior executives for deposition and trial testimony.
Rate : $$$$