Jeffrey Michael Cohen specializes in trials and appeals of matters involving insurance coverage, insurance bad faith, and complex commercial disputes. He has appeared as counsel in more than 100 reported appellate decisions.
Jeffrey has been Board Certified as an Expert in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar since 1983, and was among the first group of Florida lawyers to receive that recognition. Today, he is one of approximately 200 Florida lawyers who has maintained that distinction for more than 30 years.
An internationally-recognized teacher of trial advocacy, Jeffrey was recently invited to serve on the faculty of the South Eastern Circuit Bar Mess Foundation Advanced International Advocacy Course at Oxford University’s Keble College in Oxford, England. There, he taught barristers from all over the world. The weeklong program is the most demanding and intensive advocacy course in the UK.
Jeffrey is also an adjunct professor of trial skills at the University of Miami School of Law and a regular faculty member of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy. He serves on the faculty of the Advanced Trial Skills Seminar presented by The Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar. In addition, he frequently publishes and lectures on matters pertaining to insurance law and trial advocacy. He is co-chair of the Bad Faith Subcommittee of the ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee.
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 1965)
- Colgate University (A.B., 1962)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Past Chair, The Florida Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization and Education (Two Terms)
- Past Chair, The Florida Bar’s Committee on Civil Trial Certification (Three Terms)
- Faculty Member, The Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section Advanced Trial Advocacy Program (2005 – present)
- American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Bad Faith Subcommittee of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee of the Section of Litigation
- Appointed by the Governor of Florida to serve as Special Assistant State Attorney to the Leon County Grand Jury in Tallahassee, Florida
- Appointed to serve as Special Assistant State Attorney in Dade County for public corruption cases
- Appointed to the Dade County Alliance for Ethical Government
Rate : $$$