Mr. Jeffrey L. Nagel’s experience includes first-chair trial and appellate work. He concentrates his practice on business and commercial litigation, international and domestic arbitration, compliance, internal investigations, class actions, and general counseling.
Mr. Nagel advises clients in areas involving securities law and regulation, contract disputes, competition law, anti-money laundering and FCPA compliance, international arbitration, private equity and hedge fund issues, employment law, real estate disputes, and a variety of general commercial issues.
Mr. Nagel has substantial experience working with financial institutions, including banks, hedge funds, and private equity firms. He has worked with both public and private companies, many of which are international in scope.
His clients include large and well-known manufacturers, publishing and media companies, real estate companies, and insurance companies. He also works with mid-sized clients, advising them on business practices, compliance issues, pre-litigation corporate structuring, employment matters, and data security and privacy issues.
Mr. Nagel’s practice includes corporate advisory work, internal investigations, regulatory counseling, mediation, arbitration, and litigation in state and federal courts, including appellate work.
Mr. Nagel serves on the firm’s Professional Development Committee, as a senior member of the firm’s Electronic Discovery Task Force, and as the co-editor-in-chief of the Gibbons E-Discovery Law Alert blog.
Representative Cases/Decisions :
- In re Tribune Fraudulent Conveyance Litigation, 11-md-02296 (S.D.N.Y., Jan. 6, 2017)
- T.M. Real Estate Holding, LLC v. The Stop & Shop Supermarket Co., C.A. No. 12-1808-CM (S.D.N.Y. Feb. 14, 2013), aff’d, 13-950-cv (2d. Cir. Oct, 29, 2013)
- Varoujan Deirmenjian et. al. v. Deutsche Bank A.G., et. al., 2007 WL 4395065 (C.D. Cal. 2007)
- Herero People’s Reparations Corp. v. Deutsche Bank AG et al., 370 F.3d 1192 (D.C. Cir. 2004)
- In re Joint Eastern and Southern District Asbestos Litigation, 237 F. Supp.2d 297 (E.D.N.Y. 2002)
- Rabushka ex rel. United States v. Crane Co., 122 F.3d 559 (8th Cir. 1997)
- New York University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Winner, Orison S. Marden Moot Court Competition
- Member and Senior Production Editor, Annual Survey of American Law
- New York University (M.A.)
- Cornell University (A.B., magna cum laude)
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Federal Bar Council
- American Bar Association
- International Law Committee
- Editor, Gibbons E-Discovery Law Alert blog
Rate : $$$