Jeffrey E. Ostrow is Chair of the Intellectual Property Practice and a former member of the Executive Committee. For more than 20 years, Jeff has litigated and tried IP cases for both large and small technology companies, including Intel, Cisco, HP, Ancestry and Spotify.
Jeff is also responsible for the corporate side of the IP practice at the Firm and is regularly called upon to counsel clients on complicated IP issues in a variety of deal structures. He is a frequent lecturer on IP issues and has taught at Stanford Law School and is currently teaching IP Strategy at Berkeley Law School.
Jeff is consistently recognized as a national “Litigation Star” for Intellectual Property by Euromoney’s Benchmark Litigation and is recommended in patent litigation and technology transactions by The Legal 500.
In 2018, Jeff was named both a Patent Star and Trademark Star in California by Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars. In 2012, Jeff was named to the Daily Journal’s Top 100 IP Lawyers in California, and was previously named in 2009 as one of the Daily Journal’s Top 100 Leading Lawyers in California.
He was elected to membership in the Firm in 2000. He received his A.B. from the University of Chicago in 1987 and his J.D. from the New York University School of Law in 1990.
- New York University School of Law, 1990 J.D.
- University of Chicago, 1987 A.B.
- With Honors
- New York 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit 2004
- U.S. Tax Court 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit 2015
Rate : $$$$