Jeffrey M. Peterson built his practice with a focus on healthcare transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, affiliations, joint ventures and other strategic transactions. Prior to joining the firm, he spent nearly four years at Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a diversified healthcare services company.
At Tenet, Jeff facilitated numerous healthcare transactions in the acute care, outpatient, and physician practice spaces, as well as healthcare information technology transactions in the population health management and revenue cycle management services industries.
As in-house counsel embedded within the Acquisition and Development business team, Jeff gained a unique and deep understanding of the business aspects of healthcare transactions.
He has a successful track record working on healthcare transactions of varying scale and complexity, from smaller outpatient and local community hospital acquisitions to complex joint ventures with national not-for-profit health systems.
Partnering closely with business teams from initial review of prospective opportunities through post-closing integration, Jeff efficiently focuses his clients on the key issues and offers practical advice to successfully complete a deal.
Jeff earned a B.B.A. in accounting from The University of Texas at Austin. Upon graduation, Jeff worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers as an auditor and consultant. He returned to school to earn a J.D. from The University of Houston Law Center, where he served as managing editor of the Houston Journal of International Law and graduated magna cum laude. During law school, Jeff also became licensed as a certified public accountant in Texas.
- Representation of a for-profit alliance of hospitals and its parent, a publicly-traded healthcare services company, in the sale of certain retail outpatient pharmacies to one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains.
- Representation of a diversified healthcare services company in the acquisition or divestiture of multiple acute care hospitals and outpatient centers.
- Representation of a diversified healthcare services company in its acquisition of an independent physician association and its related management services organization.
- Representation of a diversified healthcare company with respect to complex regulatory processes, including conversion statutes, certificate of need applications, state attorney general filings and approvals, and Hart-Scott-Rodino and other antitrust matters.
- Representation of a healthcare business process services company in its acquisition of a population health management company.
- Representation of privately held renal disease management company in its acquisition of a publicly held renal disease management company.
- University of Houston Law Center, JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Managing Editor, Houston Journal of International Law, 2002
- The University of Texas at Austin, BBA, Accounting, 1997
Admissions : Texas
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant (Texas) from 2000 through 2011 (currently on inactive status)
Rate : $$$$