Jeffrey K. Phillips concentrates his practice on complex and commercial litigation. He represents businesses in claims of wrongful death, fraud, contract breach, commercial disputes, significant property damage, business interruption, and serious personal injury. He has tried cases to verdict in federal and state courts for 25 years.
Jeff has also been involved in administrative and appellate proceedings, plus Title IX hearings for institutions of higher education. He is the Managing Member of the firm’s Lexington, Kentucky office.
- Defended a product distributor and an international service provider in quadriplegia claims
- Represented a major coal operator in a multi-million dollar subsidence allegation
- Represented Fortune 1000 companies in contract breach cases and personal injury lawsuits
- Defended mine operators in fatality and injury investigations by MSHA, the Kentucky Office of Mine Safety & Licensing, and the West Virginia Office of Miners Health, Safety & Training
- Presented at many industry associations’ legal training meetings and seminars
- J.D. University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. Point Park College
- Kentucky Defense Counsel, Inc.
- Defense Research Institute
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)
- Health & Safety Committee, Kentucky Coal Association
- Trustee, Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (Mentor)
Rate : $$$